7th Annual Hill Country Youth Commercial Heifer Sale
Thursday, October 22, 2020 | 11:00 AM
In conjunction with our regular sale. Heifers will sell at 11:00 AM. Plan to attend.
- 7 Commercial Red SimAngus heifers sired by RA Brown Red Angus Bulls and born to commercial Red SimAngus Cows from Bar-O-Bar Ranches, Inc. All of the Heifers were AI bred to 5L-Defender 1260-93C, ran with a Brown Synergy son as a cover bull, and should calve in mid to late November as 2 years old. They are very gentle, come to feed, and will make a choice set of cows. (1)
- 10 English Black and Black Baldy Heifers all off the same ranch. These heifers are 5-6 months bred to a Wagyu They are broke to cubes and siren. (2)
- 6 Commercial Angus mott and baldface heifers that were sired by Brad Stewart Hereford bulls and commericial Angus cows. All are long bred to a Roger Jordan black SimAngus easy calving Very gentle, cake broke, and will make a nice group of moderate size cows. (3)
- 3 Super Baldy (Polled Hereford X Brangus) heifers, 22 months of age, long bred to low birth weight, sleep easy Brangus/Corriente cross bull. These heifers were purchased from Mr. Dale Bell of Gainesville, TX and represent some of the top genetics in the replacement cattle industry. They possess femininity, longevity, and fertility (all breeding on the first service). These heifers will make super producers for many years and will calve in December in a 30-day window. (4)
- 3 Brangus Built heifers bred to Miller Brangus or Mound Creek Brangus bulls. Two to calve in January and one in November. They have a good disposition, are gentle and come to horn for cake. (5)
- 5 purebred Hereford heifers that are all home raised and will be selling long bred to a lbw Hereford bull. Heifers are very gentle and easy to handle. Do not miss this set of big stout heifers that are all one raising and the front pasture kind. (6)
- 5 Purebred Gray Brahman heifers that are a one raising set. Heifers are all year brand and will calve early spring to a registered Gray Brahman bull proven for easy calving. These are big stout heifers and will fit any program. (7)
- 15 Brangus heifers all one raising. They will be open and ready for your bull. Weighing 850+ lbs, they will come to cubes and have been worked with a horse. (8)
- 5 heifers all one raising 3 Brangus and 2 Super Baldies. They will be open and ready for your bull. Weighing 850+ lbs they will come to cubes and have been worked with a horse. (9)
- 3 Commercial Red Angus Simmental Cross heifers that were sired by RA Brown Red Angus Bulls and born to Commercial Simmental Cows. All are AI bred to 5L Defender 1293C and should start calving mid to late November. All are very gentle and cube broke. (10)
- 5 Charolais heifers that I have purchased at Jordan Cattle Auction in March 2020.I have purchased Charolais heifers because they make a good breed to raise bulls. Heifers are medium to long bred to a low birth weight Larry Donop Angus bull. We feed them Soy whole pellets and 39% protein cubes; they get the cubes three times a week at 3lbs per heifer. (11)
- 5 Brangus heifers that I purchased from Jordan Cattle Auction in March 2020. Heifers were AI bred to a low birth weight Brangus bull and cleaned up with a low birth weight Larry Donop Angus bull and should be medium to long bred. I selected Brangus heifers because they are hardy and will raise a high quality calf. This is also the breed of cows we want on our ranch because they make good mommas. We feed them Soy whole pellets and 39% protein cubes; they get the cubes three times a week at 3lbs per heifer. (12)
- 3 commercial black angus heifers sired by Probst Farms high quality Black Angus bull. All are bred to low birth weight Black Corriente bull for calving ease. They should calve starting late January 2021. These girls are very gentle and really likes cubes. They will make great replacement cows and strengthen your herd. (13) Consignment #13 will not be at the sale....sorry for the inconvenience.
- 9 long age Brangus Baldie heifers bred to Wagyu This set of uniform heifers will be in their 3rd trimester of pregnancy on sale day. Calving should start around Christmas and finish up by the end of February. The disposition of these heifers is outstanding. This is a quality set of cattle that you will be proud of and will last you a long time. (14)
- 12 Brangus heifers offered in three lots. All are half-sisters from Mac Coalson cows and sired by Neches Ranch bred Ultrablack Bull. Two lots will be heavy bred to a Black Angus cross bull. One lot will be medium bred to a Red Brangus bull. Heifers come when called, easily pen, and follow the truck/mule easily. Grass grazed and weekly cubes since January. (15)
- 5 Super Baldy heifers purchased at Jordan Cattle Auction on January 25, 2020 that are bred to Wagyu bulls for ease of calving and high-quality beef. They are approximately 7-8 months bred as of mid-October. They are gentle and will come to a sack or feed wagon. These quality heifers will be a great asset for years to come. (16)
- 4 Super Baldy heifers long bred to Wagyu bulls to allow ease of calving, and they will produce high-quality beef. They were purchased from Jordan Cattle Auction in January of 2020 and are approximately 7-8 months bred as of mid-October. They are very gentle and are broke to a sack and feed wagon. These heifers are large and ready to become a great producer of quality calves. (17)
- 10 gentle black motley face heifers bred to a Larry Donop low birth weight Angus bull with their 1st calf expected early part of December. Shake the feed bag give them a holler and they will come running. (18)
- 10 high quality open Brangus heifers. They have never been exposed, they weigh 850 + lbs and will be ready for a bull of your choice. Gentle and come when called been worked with siren and horseback. (19)
- 5 Commercial John Schuessler bred Black Maine/Angus heifers. All are bred to a registered low birth weight Black Angus bull. They should calve In February. These heifers have been sack fed, will come to a siren and are very gentle. They would make a great addition to anyone’s herd. (20)
- 5 Commercial John Schuessler bred Black Maine/Angus heifers. All are bred to a registered low birth weight Black Angus bull. They should calve In February. These heifers have been sack fed, will come to a siren and are very gentle. They would make a great addition to anyone’s herd. (21)
- 3 stout, good looking Brahman ladies! They are the right kind for sure! They are thick big boned females. These are deep bodied soggy made heifers. They will make cows that will last forever! These heifers are short to medium bred to a Brahman Bull. (22)
- 7 one raising set of fancy Red Angus heifers. These stout built medium framed heifers are a mix of R.A. Brown, Ludvigson and Halfman Red Angus genetics. Heifers are bred back to a Redemption Son Red Angus bull that is top 5% HerdBuilder, top 8% Birthweight, top 10% CED and Stay-ability and top 2% Marbling. These heifers are OCV and will start calving in mid-January. A choice set anyone would be proud to own. (23)
- 4 Commercial black baldie heifers that are sired by Roland Rode’s black baldie bull and born to Commercial Ultrablack cows. All four heifers are bred back to Mr. Rode’s low birth weight Ultrablack bull and should calve in early 2021 as two years old. Very gentle and easy to handle. (24)
- 9 Angus plus commercial heifers sired by 10x Black Angus Bull and born to Black Angus plus cows. All are bred to low birth weight registered Angus Bull from 44 Farms should all calve in early December as two year old. They are very gentle, cake broke, and will make an excellent set of cows. (25)
- 3 fall born open black heifers out of a SimAngus bull (Bandwagon Son) and Angus based cows, these heifers are ready to be bred to a bull of your choice. They are good natured and easy to handle. They will come to a horn or a well-placed feed sack. (26) Consignment #26 will not be at the sale....sorry for the inconvenience.
- 5 solid black yearling heifers. Heifers are out of a Powell Angus Bull and Corriente cows. They will sale as open and be ready for your bull in January. (27)
- 4 black and white yearling heifers. Heifers are out of a Powell Angus Bull and Corriente cows. They will sale open and be ready for your bull in January. (28)
Due to the Covid-19 guidelines seating is limited in the ring. For your safety we advise you to use the online auction for the sale or give us a call and we can assist you with your purchases. Thanks for understanding as we try to do to the best of our abilities in this unique time.
View it live and bid online (or by phone at 325-372-5159) or give us a call and we will assist you with your purchases. If you have previously registered to buy with us online, click the "live auction" button on our website and log in, but if you have not previously registered to buy with us for our online sales, please do so at least 2 days prior to the sale. For instructions, go to our website and click on “internet sales”. If you have any questions when you get to cattleusa.com go to the frequently asked questions tab. If you need additional assistance, please call or email us. A running order will be posted on our website the evening before the sale.
JORDAN CATTLE AUCTION
WEEKLY SALES: MASON – MONDAY AT 11:00 AM
SAN SABA – THURSDAY AT 11:00 AM
PO Box 158 | San Saba, Texas 76877
San Saba: 325-372-5159 | Mason: 325-347-6361