Premium Weaned Sales
Premium weaned sales offer weaned, health-verified and pre-conditioned calves and yearlings that are ideal for grazing or the feedlot. Cattle are sorted into uniform 75-pound lots according to type, frame and commingled into larger drafts. This allows smaller producers to receive large-lot value. Premium weaned sales are held three times a year in conjunction with our regular sale in San Saba.
To qualify for this sale, cattle must be weaned a minimum of 45 days, given two rounds of modified live pasteurella, Clostridial 7-way plus Haemophilus and dewormed. All cattle will have an EID tag which is scanned when we sort the cattle.
For more information about these sales, please refer to the Procedures and Guidelines listed below the sale dates on this page or give us a call.
Thursday, November 3, 2022
Weaning Deadline September 19, 2022
Thursday, January 12, 2023
Weaning Deadline November 18, 2022
Information and Benefits
At Jordan Cattle Auction, we have a long-standing reputation built on solid family values and dedication to the beef industry. It is this strong foundation that enables us to venture into new and innovative ways of bringing the best opportunities in the business to our customers. In order to remain a competitive marketing avenue for producers in the twenty-first century, we have developed the concept of a verified process and pre-conditioned stocker and feeder sale that combines the best producer management practices with an innovative marketing program for small, mid-size and large producers. All cattle involved in the premium sale must meet specific sale guidelines and certification criteria. The cattle in the sale undergo a weaning program that prepares calves for optimal performance on grass or in the feedyard.
- Weaned Calves
- Health Management
- Large Drafts
- Uniform Cattle Sorting (Type, frame & narrow weight range)
This program is focused on developing that "market preferred" calf of today by our producers. We want you to be involved in the sale that promises to help revolutionize how cattle are marketed today.
If you are interested in participating in the Premium Weaned Calf Sale here are the procedures you will need to follow.
- Contact Jordan Cattle Auction and request a copy of the Guidelines/Certification Form and the number of ear tags you will need or download it from the link below. Note - If number of cattle is not known at this time ear tags can be requested prior to weaning or when booster shot is given.
- Certification Forms and a copy of the purchase receipts must be sent back to Jordan Cattle Auction prior to the sale.
- We will visit with producers prior to the sale to determine arrival time and date.
- After arrival, cattle will be sorted and weighed then co-mingled with other producers cattle of like kind so they can be offered in uniform lots at time of sale.
- On sale day, cattle will be sold in pre-sorted lots. Producers will be paid on their individual animals weight, times the price of the lot.
EID Tag Placement
JORDAN CATTLE AUCTION
WEEKLY SALES: MASON – MONDAY AT 11:00 AM
SAN SABA – THURSDAY AT 11:00 AM
PO Box 158 | San Saba, Texas 76877
San Saba: 325-372-5159 | Mason: 325-347-6361